Shiraz Rug Gallery offers in-house restoration of handmade rugs. Each rug that is brought in is examined to determine the appropriate type of repair such as conservation, restoration, or repair. Our rug restoration are highly experienced and will confer with you and make suggestions on what can be done to fix your rug and make sure that the rug maintains its value and aesthetic beauty free of charge.
Repairing area rugs is a labor-intensive process, which can include:
- Choosing the like yarn to be used for the restoration.
- Protecting the surrounding areas around the damaged part.
- Rebuilding all damaged or missing warp.
- Re-knotting pile in accordance with the rugs design and color.
- Binding and rebuilding fringes to prevent unraveling.
Shiraz Rug Gallery offers a full range rug repair and restoration services, including those necessary to address the following common problems faced by rug owners:
- Worn fringes
- Holes and/or torn areas
- Moth damage
- Pile wear
- Kilim unraveling
- Salvage (salvaged) wear