About Area Rugs
Area rugs are a great idea to add softness and warmth to your space. Area rugs help in personalizing your whole space and styling the space according to your taste. You don’t have to change the paint or even carpeting to style up your space according to your likes and dislikes. They can be easily rolled up and removed if you need some change in the room. For people allergic to dust, area rugs come in handy as they absorb dust and are cleaned easily with a vacuum. Also, the rugs add beauty to space, and at the same maintain the comfort in your living space.
Some other things that you should consider when buying an area rug:
- Cleaning and maintenance: The rugs need cleaning on a regular basis. The small spots should be removed right at the minutes. For big washes, consider professional cleaning.
- Pile height: A low pile rug is best for an area of high traffic, a long pile rug suits better where there is not too much foot traffic. Kitchens and bathrooms can not afford a high pile rug. Dining rooms will look better with a high pile rug.
- Matching with decor style and colors: Always consider the color of the room, such as furnishings, curtains, etc. Try to create harmony among the colors of the room. A rug of striking color with walls or curtains will look out of place. There should be three main colors in the room.
- Foot traffic: Consider the traffic in the room where you are going to place the rug. The rugs come in different materials suitable for different environments. A jute and sisal rug is more durable than a wool rug which in turn is more durable than a cotton rug. Silk rugs can only last long in spaces of low traffic.
Popular Styles To Know
- Runners: Perfect for hallways and corridors.
- Very Large Custom Rugs: Living space rugs.
- Round Rugs: Along with most common rectangular rugs, round rugs have their own and look perfect under the coffee tables.
- Traditional Area Rugs: The classics never get old. The rugs are mostly hand-knotted or hand-woven and last for generations.
- Contemporary: The minimalist styled rugs come with designs and motifs of their own.
Get Your Area Rugs At RugKnots
Shiraz offers a collection of area rugs for a range of home decors from traditional, modern, and contemporary. Get your rug simply by searching your priorities in the search box given at the top of the page to locate the rug of your dreams faster.